Company needed to build complete software stack from embedded Linux to mobile app to cloud that supports a highly-functional 360 Degree Action camera product based on Ambarella SOC. Custom solution need to enhance the limited video and image functionality in chipset.
Results / Outcomes
- Conducted feasibility study with RTSP, RTMP and HLS based 360Degree Video player and Video streaming SDK and selected the suitable combination to meet the use cases and power optimization.
- Highly scalable video streaming cloud application using Wowza video stream engine and Google Cloud Storage for media storage.
- Google Container Engine for auto scalable deployment
- Live video streaming to Facebook, YouTube, 360MobApp using Wowza stream engine
- 360 Degree Camera remote management/configurations using Websocket
- Released three stable iOS and Android versions to the customer and currently going thru limited pilot testing
Cloud based server implementation to enable remote management of the camera , social interaction, media sharing and live streaming.
- Express – node.js based web app framework, REST API server, Clustered Postgresql backend database, Google Cloud Storage for Media storage and sharing, Wowza stream server for live streaming and wowza Java plugin for authentication and access control, SMS notifications using Twilio server, push notifications via GCM and APN Service, eMail using SMTP server.
- Google cloud platform for hosting the cloud server: Google Container Engine for auto scalable deployment, Google Compute Engine, and Google Cloud storage.
- Highly scalable Websocket server based on ws.js for remote device management. Redis Cache server is used for performance as well as for Websocket server clustering.