One of the main challenges in the factory digitization is collecting different types of data from existing, aged and heterogeneous machines in the factory floor. Gadgeon’s flagship product provides a way out to this.
Results / Outcomes
- Reliable, Simple, Industrial standard IO module with rigid casing to operate in rugged environment
- Rich in external interfaces - Analog input, Digital Input & Output, Relay output
- HTTP Web server interface
- Optical isolation for Analog & Digital inputs
Technology used :
PoE,TCP/IP, Web Server, Modbus TCP server, Modbus RTU Serve
802.3af PoE, 10/100 Ethernet, RS-485, 1kV Isolated 8 Ch 24V Digital input, 4 Ch 24V Digital Output, 4 Ch 230V/2A Relay Output, 1kV Isolated 4 Ch 0-10V Analog Input.
Feasibility study and Documentation
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis, competitive product study,
- H/W Architecture development and finalization
- Component selection of all components and BOM management.
- Part selection to minimise noise interferences to inputs and output.
- Isolation of analog, digital input and output sections.
- Design done in view of passing certifications with proper EMC guidelines.
- Protection from ESD
- Tool: Cadence OrCAD Capture CIS
- Complex 4-layer PCB design of form-factor of 146x79mm.
- Intra and Inter Length matching and spacing for all critical interfaces.
- Critical placement & routing analog input and digital output to ensure optimum performance.
- PCB trace width to drive AC voltages and large current.
Fab and Assembly House co-ordination
- DFM and DFA
- Preparing low cost CBOM’s with low cost alternates identified for high cost parts.
- Life time check for components in BOM.
Bring-up and Testing
- Initial bring-up of the board followed by detailed Electrical interface verification and validation(EVT).
- Testing the firmware and web server application.
- Deployed in Delpheon platform
- Thermal testing
- Web server with configuration, IO status and firmware upgrade
- Modbus with multiple connection support.
- Modbus TCP/RTU slave/master support.
Del-IO – System Context Diagram
Mechanical enclosure & 3-D design
- Rigid Plastic enclosure with proper vents
- L*B*W = 170*90*50mm
Del-IO System Architecture