K-Pak is BLE enabled device which can be used to add LED flash to Go Pro cameras and can be controlled using an iOS App and a remote control device.
Results / Outcomes
- Development of complete device firmware
- Integration of Mechanical and electronics
- Native Android and iOS application to control the GoPro flash
- Device to be launched in USA
- Integrated solenoid and mechanical means, depresses the shutter release button on the GoPro camera
- Timing between flash and trigger to solenoid
Feasibility Study and Documentation
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis, competitive product study,
- H/W Architecture development and finalization
- Component selection of all components and BOM management.
Hardware Design (Schematics)
- OrCAD for schematics and allegro16.6 for layout
- Nordic nrf51 BLE Stack and SDK , Keil IDE. The device has the following hardware peripherals
- TI's DUAL LED Flash driver - LM3643.
- ADEX 1919203 Solenoid
- Linear Technology’s LTC2942 - Fuel Gauge
Mobile App Design and Development
Followed the recommended design patterns from Apple. Custom Video moodes, Photo modes and Strobe Options.
KPAK – HW Architecture