Safety Brand Company
Company needed an Automation platform supporting most of its product lines in IoT
Results / Outcomes
- GadgEon designed Automation Framework that supports test case convergence spanning different product types with Mob App
- USB Controlled multichannel relay control for simulating button press events.
- Reduced effort and schedule by automating 90% of regression, reliability and performance test cases.
- Automation Framework for Multiple products managed using single Mobile Application.
- Manual interaction was required to initiate pairing mode in DUT ( 5 times button press ).
- Effort and Schedule for Reliability testing( Long duration ) with multiple configuration cycles ent area
Technology used :
- Robot framework, Python, Selenium, Appium, TestRail, Jira
Cloud Service Automation
- Python, Selenium, Wi Fi, BLE, SSH, USB Controlled Relay, HTTPS
Mobile App Automation
- Implemented Continuous Integration process as part of development and testing phases
- Jenkins, Git, Robot Framework
Test Management and Reports
- TestRail, Robot Framework
Feasibility Study and Documentation
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis
- Defined functional test cases
- Use case based on end to end test scenarios
- Designed Automation framework which can validate Mobile App, Device
- UI/CLI(Web Interface / RS232 Serial), Device LED indicators and Cloud API’s
- Python based automation framework with Selenium Webdriver and Appium
- support for verifying the device/CLI(Web Interface / RS232 Serial ) and Mobile App
- ( for iOS & Android ).
- Relay controls and Off the shelf hardware with custom firmware to verify the button
- press events and LED status indicators.
- Achieved 85 % of test coverage for functional test cases
- Achieved 100 % test coverage on regression test cases
- TestRail , Python, Appium , Selenium webdriver and Robot Framework
Test Script Reusability
- Custom global methods are defined for test script reusability across different product variants.
- Python, Appium , Selenium webdriver and Robot Framework
Automation Framework Architecture
Download this Success Story