Embedded Testing for Protocol converter
Customer needed a cost-effective version of a BACnet Modbus protocol converter.
Results / Outcomes
- The overall cost of protocol converter reduced 30%
- BACnet Testing Lab Certified
- Web-based configuration tool developed for remote configuration
- Customization of open source stack of BACNet and Modbus protocols on are-engineered custom Hardware to realize the Gateway functionality.
Feasibility Study and Documentation
- Requirements Gathering & Analysis, competitive product study,
- H/W Architecture development and finalization
- Component selection of all components and BOM management.
Embedded Linux Firmware
- Developed Gateway application daemon with framework for the Modbus and BACnet converter functionality in C++
- Adapted Open source BACnet Stack and Modbus Stack, also added new features to the stack to meet complete Protocon requirements
- Designed, Developed and Tested Web based Configuration Tool for Protocon Converter
Automated Test Framework
- Robot, Python, Selenium, Jenkins, Sikuli
Protocon – Deployment Diagram
Download this Success Story